Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The Dark Knight Gets a Bicycle For Father's Day

Continuing our compulsion to pass on every morsel of info related to the next Batflick, a new vehicle was pimped to the press yesterday. This, my friends, is the "Batpod," as revealed by the LA Times in a pretty interesting little article that talks about the stunt driver and construction of the thing (the engines are in the wheels!).

Can't see the bike through the shadows? Well check out this video of Al Roker and Meredith Viera playing with it on The Today Show.

Brief impressions after the jump.

I guess it's cool... I never liked the Batman Begins-mobile, and though I like this better I'm still not convinced I'm going to enjoy the inevitable chase scene where he zips under things and jumps over things and shoots things with those weird cannons and whatnot. I prefer my Batman swooping down upon muggers from the rooftops. Roads are so pedestrian.

No comments: