Monday, December 03, 2007

Panel Discussion: Scans from Batman & Robin: The Boy Wonder, Daredevil, Wonder Woman

Every week Geekanerd throws their books in a scanner to bring you the best, worst, and weirdest panels from the week's comics. Click 'em for high res and beware SPOILERS.

Nazi Boobs Returns - Batman & Robin: The Boy Wonder #8

Fan favorite (?) Joker henchwoman Bruno, last seen in the pages of The Dark Knight Returns, comes out of her twenty year retirement to grace the pages of Frank Miller's latest Batbook. It's cool to see him following through on his claim that this book is part of a cohesive "Dark Knight" continuity.

Batwhupping, Liev Schreiber and the scent of lust after the jump...

Casting Call - Daredevil #102
Artists modeling characters on real actors is something that sometimes works (Sam Jackson as Ultimate Nick Fury) and sometimes doesn't (Simon Pegg as whathisface in The Boys). Liev Schreiber as Mr. Fear works because it's subtle. So subtle it's almost certainly just my imagination.

Beatdown of the Week - Batman #671
It seems to be in vogue these days to write Batman as an invincible superbadass, so it's nice to see him get his goose cooked by an old man.

Super-Intelligent Monkeys Are Annoying Houseguests - Wonder Woman #14
I don't think I'd want some guys staying with me who would talk about smelling my lust. Or drink my beer. UPDATE: AHR has informed me that this comic has been on the stands for a few weeks already. To which I say, she's had the same pair of underwear on for a few weeks already and you don't see me sending her e-mails about personal hygiene. It doesn't take a super-intelligent monkey to smell that.

No comments: