Sunday, July 29, 2007

Weekanerd NYC: Mario Strikers, Movies, and Super Secret Science Club

MONDAY, JULY 30, 2007

I kinda hated the GameCube version of this title, and the Wii doesn't exactly seem made to simulate games played with your feet, but...uh, Albo, why should people be excited about this again?

TUESDAY, JULY 31, 2007
Sci-fi punk mayhem, starring everyone's favorite Mighty Duck. Free!

WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 1, 2007
The Super Sceret Science club meets once a month for guest lectures and science nerd fun - this month, the presentation is on everyone's favorite terrifying topic, global warming. Also included in the evening are "low-impact tunes", a video, Q & A, and "Eco-Cocktails". Free!

THURSDAY, AUGUST 2, 2007

Two examples of classic NYC film noir for the price of one. Get your film history on.

3 comments:

Albo said...

I had no idea you hated Strikers! I recall you requesting to play it many times... I guess there's no reason to buy this one if you won't play with me, though it's supposed to be pretty fun. Plus, now there's online play!

Degan said...

I'm with you on this one albo... i distinctly remember ana really enjoying this game-in fact, she brought it over to my place on one or two occasions (i'm sure it was your copy)... she's hiding something... Also, still get it, i'll play!

AHR said...

Oh My Guinness, what a couple of liars you two are!

I thought we all decided Strikers got boring way too quickly, at least as a four player game. And Dave, that is a BLATENT FALSEHOOD about me bring Strikers to your place. Alb will confirm that he never lent his copy to me, but will probably hypothisize that I must have stolen and returned it without him noticing. I would like to deny this ahead of time, on the grounds that I DON'T LIKE PLAYING STRIKERS.