Sunday, March 02, 2008

On Wealth and Privilege

Nothing like some dramatic irony to start you day off right. This image comes from a post at Chris' Invincible Super-Blog wherein Chris discusses how utterly loathsome Richie Rich is, he being a character whose entire persona is based around the fact that he's rich beyond even conceiving a world of wants, needs, and cares...and he stays that way! Where's the fun in that?! Where's the drama? I feel the same way about Ferris Bueller, only in that case he's rich with social currency (ie love and devotion), not actual money. But that's an unpopular opinion for another post.

For another example of Chris' awesome comic hacks, check out his inspired melding of Archie and The Watchmen. Chilling.

1 comment:

kyle the girl said...

You know, I thought I was alone in my mild disgust and resentment of Ferris Bueller...but now that I really think about it, I bet it's not that unpopular of an opinion...I think most people sympathize (commiserate?) with Cameron and Jean for that whole living-in-someone's-shadow thing that we've all felt.