Monday, August 18, 2008

Oh Hell Yes: Mice With Swords With 20-Sided Dice

Mouse Guard scribe David Petersen was at GenCon this weekend, and he's posted this brilliant poster for the upcoming RPG on his blog...

I just wish Gary Gygax had lived to see this. Kenzie stabbing through a D20 is one of the nerdiest images I've ever seen, and it's my new desktop. This game was supposed to come out "Summer 2008", but Mouse Guard time always seems to move verrrry slowly, why, because quality takes time.

Historical Context: I'm particularly excited about this game because the first RPG I ever played was a homemade campaign based on the Brian Jacque's Redwall series. I loved those books all through grade school, and the chance to roleplay a mouse with sword still holds a great deal of allure. Although if I remember correctly, the last time I did it ended with our entire party being killed by a badger in the throes of Bloodwrath, who may or may not have actually been a member of said party. These things happen.

No comments: