Saturday, May 09, 2009

Concrete: 1, iPhone: 0... You Win This One The Ground...

I'm sure you all think we Geekanerd editors are like infallible gods among men; strange and terrifying beings imparting geeky wisdom as if from on high. Well, that's not entirely true... at least not the infallible part. Cause I DROPPED MY FREAKIN' IPHONE ON THE GROUND LIKE SOME DOUCHE! On the plus side, at least now my iPhone comes with Dino-Damage! Oddly enough, the thing still works fine, the touch capability works perfectly; even under the cracked part... which isn't supporting any motivation to shell out the requisite $200 to replace the sucker. I think the only thing that was affected by the cataclysm (I think that's what I'll call it) is the iPhone's gyroscopic type things... cause I have to tilt the poor guy to the right to get my little doodle to jump straight in Doodle Jump. Ah well, the scotch tape will hold it together for now. Besides, we all know that scars are cool. I'll just tell people he got it in a bar fight... you should see the other guy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"infallable gods among men"? you are really putting me off this blog. rein it in before its too late. xxx

Degan said...

HA! done and done! Next time i'll use the less offensive "nearly flawless demi-deities among dudes"... note taken!

defacedlawngnome said...

A friend of mine did the same thing with hers. Hers if far worse than yours, but it is surprisingly amazing that the iPhone works perfectly fine after receiving a billion cracks along the surface. The only thing holding the glass together on hers is the screen protector which is actually almost coming off. Since the phone still works she hasn't quite reasoned with getting it repaired.