Friday, August 10, 2007

Panel Discussion: The Best, Worst, and Weirdest Panels of the Week

Clearest Example of Batman's Insanity - Batman Confidential #8
When you find yourself dressed as a bat, thinking about ninjas, and looking through a window at a naked woman...this is the time to take a step back and really ask yourself, "Have I chosen the most efficient method of achieving my goals?"

Most Over-Sold Cover Story - Black Adam: The Dark Age #1Rookie mistake, boys. Any time someone has this much to say about how awful a person is, you can bet the speaker is that awful person in disguise.

Beatdown of the Week - Daredevil #99Seriously, what was this guy thinking? "Hey, Daredevil just kicked my ass, how about I get up, put my glasses back on, and interfere with his interrogation?" Guy's got chutzpah.

Too Much Information Alert - Powers #25
Sex happens, alright? It happens in life, and it happens (more attractively) in art. I generally appreciate it in both instances, but after taking in this SEVENTY PANEL sex spread I realized I knew waaaaay too much about how Walker likes to get down. It's what you might call... excessive.

Best Visual Framing Technique - Batman #667
J.H Williams III uses a very cool trick here, illustrating a static conversation by splitting a single image into several panels, making the reader consider the cut-up images with more attention than they would a single image. I also love how it's implied that Wingman (great bad-choice superhero name) is a stiff, uptight character by the way Ranger crosses behind him in the bottom two panels while Wingman remains frozen in time.

Related: More of Geekanerd's Panel Discussions


No comments: